Saturday, January 1, 2011

He Is Doing A NEW Thing....NOW It Shall Spring Forth



Happy New Year, Everyone! This afternoon I was reading the first couple chapters of Genesis and something jumped out at me that so blessed me, I couldn’t wait to share it.

Genesis 1:11-12 is the 3rd day of creation - God said, “Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds.” And it was so. The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.

When I read this passage, I automatically visualize tall trees, shrubs, flowers in bloom, all kinds of various vegetation fully grown and flourishing on the land - but then I read Genesis 2:4-5.……

When the Lord God made the earth and the heavens - and no shrub of the field HAD YET APPEARED on the earth and no plant of the field HAD YET SPRUNG UP, for the Lord God had not sent rain on the earth and there was no man to work the ground.

So God spoke it and IT WAS DONE - it was there - but it was still underground - IT HADN’T APPEARED YET - but the promise was good!

My prayer this coming year is that we do not lose heart in the promise of what God has spoken to us - He spoke it - IT IS DONE! I pray this is the year it SPRINGS FORTH in our lives. The Lord God had not sent rain yet - He is our Living Water and we are to be cleansed by the washing of His Word - faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God; and His Word is alive, active, sharper than any double-edged sword. I pray we stay in His Word - watering the seeds of promise.

We also read that there was no man to work the ground - we have a part in bringing about His promise - persevere, be diligent, DON‘T GIVE UP. I also believe we have a part in helping others reap those promises - we should encourage each other, speak truth to one another, pray for each other, and love each other - we can help till the ground of our friends’ hearts to help cultivate the seed God has placed within them, bringing forth abundant fruit for His glory!

We should be EXPECTANT and EXCITED - it is a NEW year, His mercies are NEW every morning (Lamentations 3:23) - behold, He is doing a NEW thing; NOW it shall SPRING FORTH; shall ye not know it? (Isaiah 43:19) - hath He said, and shall He not do it? Or hath He spoken, and shall He not make it good? (Numbers 23:19).

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVED WHAT YOU WROTE, actually what I hear from your heart is what I love! enjoyed this, happy new year Kim!!