Tuesday, November 9, 2010

In The Way Everlasting



Have you ever wondered why God didn't spare you from making some huge mistakes? I'm talking sinful mistakes here. In my depression several years ago, God lead me to Psalm 139 - now one of my favorites. I really focused on the last 2 vs, asking God to search and know my anxious thoughts (I had ALOT of anxiety during this time), see if there is any wickedness in me (I didn't necessarily feel wicked, but I definitely felt wickedness pressing in all around me), and lead me in the way everlasting (I so desired everlasting peace & joy - just to be happy again).

During that time, I framed those verses to serve as a constant reminder and hope in my God to deliver me from this dreadful pit - it's still on my bathroom counter today and I pray it often. My thoughts, however, are to see if there is any wickedness in me and spare me from it - You deal with it, God - get rid of it so it won't cause me any form of suffering.


This past year has been me dealing with some consequences of sin and I often wonder how I even got here. I had prayed in times past for "immediate" conviction - yet here I am. Why didn't God answer my heart's prayer?

Recently, during prayertime with my great friend, Linda, as we were focusing our attention on praying for our church and asking God to give us the spirit of wisdom so we can REALLY KNOW Him, He reminded me of what happened in the garden after Adam and Eve had partaken of the forbidden fruit. God asked Adam where he was - not because God didn't know, but He wanted Adam to realize where He was now - separated from His Creator and Friend. He now needed a Saviour because all hell had broken loose in his life and he felt hopeless, scared, and ashamed.

God did answer my prayer and He did abundantly more than I asked or imagined - He saw the wickedness in me sure enough - but I NEEDED TO SEE IT ALSO. In His grace and mercy, He showed me I need a Saviour - every day - apart from Him I can do nothing - I am nothing.

He is that Saviour!

I hope this blesses your soul today - we are on the way to everlasting. Amen!!

No comments: